Sea Fever Gulf 32

Sea Fever Gulf 32

Friday, February 17, 2012

Bakers Haulover 2.17.12

Since I last updated, we left Lake Boca Raton for a 2-day stay on Lake Sylvia, just north of the 17th Street bridge. This was a great anchorage had had much better depth than the charts and waterway guides indicate-presumably it has recently been dredged.  While there, I was able to get my dinghy outboard fixed. Tom and Sara towed me to Lauderdale marina and while they worked on replacing the starter rope and cleaning the carborator, we all headed to lunch and to a couple of marine stores- have to hit those whenever we can. I missed an opportunity to get a chartbook of the Keys, thinking I already had them in the chartbook I've been using the entire trip. However, when I got back to the boat (in my own dinghy, since they were able to fix the O/B the same day), I discovered that my book coverage ends not far south of Miami. I'll have to rely on my chartplotter and my electronic NOAA charts.


We left Lake Sylvia and arrived in Bakers haulover early afternoon yesterday, after filling our fuel and water tanks and puming out in Lauderdale Marina (cost $20-CASH for the water even though I only need about 15 gal.). Bakers haulover is another one of the spots where cruisers wait for a weather window to head to the Bahamas- it is easily accessible, is very roomy, and has good depths of 10-14', at least.
Lake Sylvia Sunrise 2.15


One of the cruise ships we passed at Port Everglades

2.17 Bakers haulover pre-sunrise

We plan to stay over again tonight, but haven't decided beyond that- with the Miami boatshow starting yesterday we aren't sure what the waterways will be like between here and biscayne bay.

See our course at spot adventures:
for Vero beach to Manatee Pocket- 2.7.- 2.9 
      http://www.spotadventures.com/trip/view?trip_id=293571
and for Lake Worth to Bakers haulover 2/10-2/16
  http://www.spotadventures.com/trip/view?trip_id=294240

No comments:

Post a Comment