Sea Fever Gulf 32

Sea Fever Gulf 32

Sunday, June 9, 2013

As I said...incidents...so...Number 1

The waterway guide and other cruiser sources have commented on the extent of shoaling in this area of the ICW.  We were aware and thought we were prepared and alert...not enough, it turns out...
About 25 miles into the trip, making good headway along the Tolomota River Sea Fever moved to starboard to let  an impatient power boat by..watching the depth 11...13...12...seems fine...and for any crab pot bouys...strange but just passed some that I would not have expected.  Thunk...dead stop..."Compass Rose"..not sure what is going on but I just came to a dead stop...oops...4.5'...how did that happen..I am still near the middle of the channel and it has been over 10' the entire way?...hmmm. ok...power up...no go...then a power boat went by and "waked me"...thank you...this time..free again!

Connected by Motorola

No comments:

Post a Comment